Rich, velvety, and dripping with caramel. Those aren’t even the best parts! Add to that, no eggs, a fraction of the fattening cream cheese that you find in most cheesecake recipes, and a completed dessert in under 10 minutes. I know this will quickly become your favorite go-to dessert.
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¾ teaspoons Kolatin gelatin
- 1 (8- ounce) bar cream cheese, very soft, do not use whipped
- ½ cup Dulce de Leche or butterscotch-caramel topping
- 1 (9-inch) ready- to- serve Graham cracker crust
- Extra Dulce de Leche for drizzling
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Transfer to a bowl.
In a small sauce pan, mix the sugar into the water; sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let stand until softened and the Kolatin is translucent.
3) Over medium low heat, slowly warm the Kolatin mix until the sugar and gelatin is dissolved, about 2-4 minutes. Scrape sides and stir often with a rubber scraper. Set aside to cool slightly.
4) In the mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and ½ cup Dulce de Leche until it is thoroughly mixed in.
5) Slowly beat in the Kolatin mix until smooth.
6) Add the whipped cream back into the bowl and beat on medium just until stiff peaks form.
7) Dollop into the prepared crust. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
>8 ) Before serving, drizzle the top with desired amount of Dulce de Leche, slightly warmed if necessary at 10-second intervals in the microwave.