Makes 4-6 servings
Hands on time: 5-10 minutes
Chill time: 3 hours
A refreshing taste of the tropics, this creamy coconut pudding is complemented by chunks of fresh, sweet mango and crunchy graham cracker crumbs. It comes together in a flash and can be prepared up to aday before serving, so it’s the ideal dessert for dinner parties, letting youspend more time with your guests. Make sure to use perfectly ripemangoes for maximum flavor.
- 1 can (13.5 -ounce) coconut milk (NOT cream of coconut), shaken & stirred
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons unflavored Kolatin gelatin
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 6 rectangular cinnamon graham cracker sheets
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 2-3 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into small chunks.
1) In a microwave-safe dish, warm the coconut milk in 30 second intervals, whisking in between, untilcoconut oil is dissolved and milk is completely smooth, uniform, and creamy, about 1-1 1/2 minutes.
2) In a medium bowl combine the sugar, gelatin and salt. Pour ½ cup boiling water into the sugar mixand whisk until dissolved, about 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the warm coconut milk and coconut extract and stir until completely mixed, about 2 minutes.Stir in 1/4 cup flaked coconut. Chill 30 minutes to 1 hour, then gently stir. Chill for another 2 hours.
4) Place the graham crackers and nuts into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade andpulse until it forms crumbs.
5) Gently stir the pudding to make it smooth and spoonable. In each of 4-6 wine glasses, place about 1½ tablespoons of the graham crumbs, and mango chunks. Top with ¼ cup coconut pudding. Repeat.
6) Garnish with remaining coconut, graham crumbs and mango. Serve and enjoy immediately or chilluntil ready to serve, up to one day in advance.