By: Susie Fishbein of Kosher by Design cookbook series exclusively for Kolatin® Real Kosher Gelatin
Parve Makes • 4-6 servings • Hands-on: 10 minutes
Chill time: 3-4 hours
This two-toned, ethereal dessert is sophisticated, yet remarkably simple to prepare. A creamy almond layer tops a refreshing raspberry gelatin, and it’s topped off with whipped topping, fresh raspberries and sliced almonds.
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 package Kolatin Raspberry Gelatin Dessert Mix
- ½ cup boiling water
- 6-10 ice cubes
Creamy Almond Layer:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kolatin® Real Kosher Gelatin
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened, vanilla flavored almond milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid non-dairy whipped topping, cold
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
Non-dairy whipped topping, toasted, sliced almonds, optional for garnish
1) Place 5-6 raspberries in the bottom of each dessert cup or ramekin.
2) In a small bowl, pour ½ cup boiling water over the Raspberry Gelatin mix and whisk until completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Scrape sides as needed.
3) Add 6-8 ice cubes and continue to stir until the mixture thickens and ice is almost completely melted, about 3 minutes. Mixture should be thicker than heavy cream; if not, add remaining ice cubes. Stir again. When thick, Remove any ice bits, and evenly divide the gelatin into the 6 cups. Chill for 30 minutes or until just firm.
4) When raspberry gelatin is firm, prepare the Creamy Almond Layer. Combine the gelatin and sugar in a medium bowl. Pour 1/3 cup boiling water into the gelatin mix and whisk until completely dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape sides as needed.
5) Add the unsweetened, vanilla flavored almond milk, liquid non-dairy whipped topping and the almond extract. Stir until completely mixed, about 2 minutes.
6) Divide evenly into the raspberry filled cups. Chill about 2-3 hours. Before serving, garnish with nondairy whipped topping, the remaining raspberries, and toasted sliced almonds, if desired. Serve and enjoy immediately or chill until ready to serve, up to one day in advance.